When your roof is damaged, it’s understandable if you want to opt for a roof repair first. However, if your roofer says that the damage is too extensive, then you have no choice but to have it replaced instead. When you’re considering a brand for your new roof, experts often recommend that you choose GAF and their Lifetime roofing system for guaranteed durability and longevity. But what exactly are the components of a GAF Lifetime roofing system?
- Leak Barrier – The first component that makes up a GAF Lifetime Roofing System is the leak barrier, which helps prevent leaks caused by wind-driven rains and ice dams from penetrating your roof and causing moisture damage to your roof deck. When choosing a leak barrier for your GAF roof, you can choose between the film-surfaced StormGuard® and the mineral surfaced WeatherWatch®.
- Roof Deck Protection – For an extra layer of protection against moisture infiltration, the GAF Lifetime Roofing System also comes with a roof deck protection system. You can choose between synthetic, fiberglass-reinforced, fire-resistant, and SBS modified roof deck protection materials.
- Starter Strip Shingles – According to roof replacement experts, shingle blow-off is an issue that you don’t want to deal with. After all, if your shingles are blown off, your roof will be more vulnerable to moisture damage, especially during a storm. Thankfully, GAF’s Lifetime roofing system comes with starter strip shingles, which allows your shingles to adhere better to the deck and prevent shingle blow-off.
- Shingles – The shingles of your roof not only helps protect the rest of the structure from moisture infiltration but it also plays a part in increasing your home’s curb appeal and overall value. By installing GAF’s Lifetime roofing system in your home, you’ll not only be getting stylish shingles but durable and energy efficient ones as well.
- Cobra Attic Ventilation – Excess heat and moisture in the attic can not only compromise the structure of the roofing system but it can also bake your shingles from the inside. With the Gaf Lifetime roofing system, however, you won’t have to worry about that as its cobra attic ventilation can help remove this excess heat and moisture to protect your roof from premature deterioration.
- Hip and Ridge Shingles – The hips and ridges of your roof are prone to leaks. GAF’s Lifetime roofing system, on the other hand, can help protect your roof against this as its finishing touch involves installing hip and ridge shingles to prevent leaks from occurring at these parts of the roof.
Is your roof suffering from a roof leak? Simply turn to The Great American Roofing Company, your number one experts when it comes to residential and commercial roofing services. Give us a call at (201) 825-2955 or fill out our contact form to request a FREE quote.